Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mom's birthday

Mom and Dad would hang this in front of their trailer at Moose campouts.
I made this for my parents' 25th anniversary, back when life centered around their travel trailer and where they could take it, back when my dad was healthy enough to do so. The likeness suited dad more, with his ever-present baseball cap and down vest. Mom was a plain spoken and smart woman, not nearly as delicate in the caricature here.

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 73; dad would have turned 82 this year. And this year will mark their 50th anniversary.

We were at Lake Tahoe 25 years ago, carefully choosing the shadiest bunch of trees at high noon to take a family picture. We were not the best photographic planners. Me, mom, dad and sister Tara.

4 comments:

  1. Keep it coming! I find all this very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Buddy,

    Thanks. Keeps me from thinking I'm just writing for myself :). Tara says I lopped a year off my mom's age; I'm sure my mom would have appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the photographer so that means I didn't do the best job of placement. Great memories. Love them.!

    ReplyDelete