Sunday, December 26, 2010

Out with the old, in with the … oh, for heaven's sake!


Gov.-elect Jerry Brown of California. Been there, done that, ready to lay upon us the wisdom of the ages.
Just give him a moment … almost there …
Goodbye to Gov. Schwarzenegger, and the third time's the charm for Jerry Brown. He might be as much fun to draw, should I get the opportunity. Lord knows I had several tries with Arnold:

This was for the Reno News & Review, because Nevadans at the time needed something to laugh about. Not like now. (Supporting cast: Gray Davis, Arianna Huffington and Cruz Bustamante, long-ago gubernatorial candidates; and presidents set in stone.)


One in a series for the California Association of School Business Officials' quarterly magazine.
The governor was always doing something to education …
… as this cartoon reiterates. Fun fact: Room 16 was the number of my first full-time, full-year classroom
as an elementary school teacher. Also my last.


Education wasn't alone among the victims, saith CASBO and me.
The client escapes me, but the message was literal:
Schwarzenegger's star power would leverage Sacramento's treasures.

A nonpolitical piece, no doubt. Note the kinder caricature. I can be bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment