Thursday, December 16, 2010

As good a place as any

This is where I'll post new work and work in progress (visit the rest of my stuff at www.shawnturner.com, thanks to Matt Keogh and the stalwart folks at PageWeavers) … doodle a comment on this day or that … dredge up old work on occasion, for the benefit of you who haven't bailed out already … and fawn over illustrators and other creative types.

In other words, it's all about me, me, me, and occasionally other people.

This sketch sums me up: I confess to a Mittyesque view of my place in the world, and as a wannabe long-distance swimmer, I picture myself as the sleek guy on the right when I suit up for open water races. Then someone inevitably has to ruin my reverie by taking a photo. I'm still sleek, in the way sea elephants must seem sleek to one another.

This blog and I are works in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment