Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Once more with Craig and Dave

Somewhere during my working relationship with Craig Crume and Dave Curtis of Field-Portable Analytical (see my Dec. 17 entry), we apparently discussed an animated opening for FPA's Web site. One or all of us always seemed to be "blue skying" a lot of ideas, so I don't know how serious this idea was; we never discussed the "how" of this sequence, for example. I remember that it was going to be much like TV's Batman series, except with heavy dollops of Buster Keaton, as this sequence shows.

This makes me wish I could make my living just drawing thumbnail-sized storyboards. The challenge for me is always to retain in a finished drawing the liveliness of a sketch, and sometimes I end up sapping the energy in the translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment