- Draw a picture in pencil, in this case for a story on insurance and the result of not having enough.
- Photocopy it onto standard multipurpose paper, robin's egg blue.
- With a fine but junky brush, paint bleach where you want the blue color to … well, bleach, to create highlights.
- Scan the drawing into Adobe™® Illustrator.
- Create a high-falutin' gradient mesh to darken the blue in the upper right and lower left corners.
- Throw it over to Photoshop©®. Sweat the damning mystery that is Photoshop™©. Breathe. Relax.
- Add some yellow to the white highlights, suggesting spotlights on our upset heroine.
- Futz with the border.
Et voilà! A multimedia work, suitable for framing.
If ya gotta crooked frame on you.