Monday, February 7, 2011

Now for the real NFL showdown

How will the NFL Players' Union settle it out with management? Who cares? It's post-Super Bowl™®©, (or maybe I should call it the Big Game; don't want to get in trouble) so I might as well throw up. I mean, throw up some football art. Above is fundraising art for my kids' school, back when they were munchkins. A parent friend organized a dinner the night before the Super Bowl™®©, called it the Supper Bowl™®©, and threw out the feedbags. I supplied the scribble.

In my constant and often fruitless search to put texture in my art, I drew this as small as I possibly could to keep it legible, then blew it up a bunch of times at Kinko's (which is now FedEx Office? Wha …? I used to live at the Kinko's, pre-digital). I loved the way the pencil marks spread and weathered and cracked at grotesque enlargement.

Below, some pencil sketches I did for a guy who wanted a poster of his beloved Seattle Seahawks. Apparently his vision of the team is more literal than others.'

No comments:

Post a Comment